Monday, June 9, 2014

An amazing evening

yakima



Tonight a great honor has been bestowed to me. Many years ago there was a local team that just did their own thing. This team was made up of guys 40 plus years old. Some of the members raced and some didn't. They were just cool old guys that had lots of fun riding bikes. One trip that I took with some of the members was up to Hoosier National Forest. I drove my old Audi with a huge Yakima rack on it. We had 6 bikes I think on the roof. We had a blast that day. I asked if I could join and they all said no I just wasn't old enough. I was made an honorary member. At this time I was about 26 pr so.

Tonight I was made team captain / team leader. The tools of the trade were left in my hands. Thank you Jim, Walter and Bobby Z for trusting me with this. Almost 20 years later I think I get what it means to be Team Purple Haze!

No comments:

Post a Comment