Monday, August 29, 2011

First trip to Fort Duffield

Thanks to some friends and a loaner dirt jumper I got to make my first trip out to Fort Duffield yesterday. After about 4+ hours of riding, a handful of beers and a few minutes exploring here and there (if you haven't seen that cave lookout spot, you're missing out) we called it a day. That place is too fun and can't wait to make it back. This also has me ready to get one of those single speed dirt jumper style mountain bike doodads. The only thing I think I'd change, or add rather, would be a front brake. There were quite a few times I went flying into some downhill turn that an little more breaking power would have left me with my feet on the pedals and not looking like I was shooting for a bike review in a 80's BMX mag. While the actual jumps were fun I enjoyed bombing down the hills jumping, bunny hopping and manualing everything in sight without having to get smacked in the ass and bucked around like I would have on my XC bike. Escaping the day tic free I felt like was an added bonus too.

If you haven't had the chance to ride Duffield I'd strongly recommend it regardless of whatever style MTB you prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment