Wednesday, August 17, 2011

To Cross or not to Cross, that is the question

Ok, so I am thinking of trying out CX this season. Two things: I am nowhere near competition shape and I don't have a CX bike. So, I guess the pressure is off to perform. That said, I am still competitive and up for a little pain I think. I will be using my Jamis Dragon and probably won't make any modifications to the set up other than going with a different tire. Suggestions on tire size and type are welcome, as well as overall tips to making the event family fun and friendly ... the ability for family to interact and see the race is the most appealing aspect of CX for me. Otherwise, i'd just soon stay on the MTB trails. FYI, based on the rules I read, I would be in the 35+ Cat 4 division as a "newb." Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. race cx, yes.
    cross dress is ok.
    bike, won't matter until it gets muddy.
    out of shape. join the club.
    if you are taking cx really serious you moght want to switch to road racing.
    can't wait to have a beer with you after the race, oh yeah that's the best part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beers during the race are good too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Beer! I forgot to mention that part of my CX affinity. And "beers during" ... not sure I can handle that at this age, but when in Rome ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. bad form to turn down the hand up!

    ReplyDelete